1. acknowledgement of consent
By accessing the Site and/or providing personal data to OETEO, you hereby acknowledge that you have read this Policy and that you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by OETEO in accordance with this Policy. If you do not consent to the terms of this Policy, please do not provide your personal data to OETEO.
2. what is personal data?
“Personal data” means data about a person who can be identified (i) from that data, or (ii) from that data and other information to which OETEO has or is likely to have access.
3. what personal data do we collect?
OETEO collects personal data that you voluntarily provide to us, whether through the Site or other platforms or channels (such as through email, telephone and other forms of communication). For example, personal data may be collected when you register an Account, make a purchase, fill up a form, provide comments, suggestions or feedback, or when you contact our customer service via email, phone or other channels. You can always choose not to provide your personal data and browse the Site anonymously, and at no time can we identify you unless you have an account on the Site and log on with your user name and password.
When you create an OETEO account the personal information we collect may include your:
- Contact Information (email/mobile number/mailing address)
- Shopping history
- Payment information (credit card number/banking accounts)
4. why do we need to collect your data?
Generally, we collect personal data in order to provide our products and services to you, and to personalize and improve our services and your customer experience with OETEO. The personal information we collect from you will be used in some or all of the following ways:
- 4.1 To process, record, monitor and fulfil the products you have purchased from OETEO;
- 4.2 To communicate with you, including to confirm and update you on the delivery of orders and for customer support purposes;
- 4.3 To inform you of promotions, offers, surveys, events, products and services, which may be of interest to you;
- 4.4 To process your orders and to provide you with the services and information offered through the Site and which you request;
- 4.5 To verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online;
- 4.6 To improve the layout and/or content of the pages of our website and customize them for users;
- 4.7 To conduct marketing research, user profile and statistical analysis;
- 4.8 To send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services;
- 4.9 To comply with law, the requests of law enforcement and regulatory officials, or orders of court;
- 4.10 For such other purposes notified to you on or before collection or use of the data.
When you register as a member on the Site, we may also use your personal information to send you marketing and/or promotional materials from time to time. You can unsubscribe from marketing information at any time by using the unsubscribe function within the electronic marketing material.
OETEO does not sell, share or trade customers’ personal information collected online with third parties. We may however disclose your name and address in order to make delivery of the product to you (for example to our courier provider).We will only collect information where it is necessary for us to do so and we will only collect information if it is relevant to our dealings with you. We will only keep your information for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
5. is your data secure?
OETEO ensures that all information collected will be safely and securely stored. We protect your personal information by:
- Restricting access to personal information
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorized computer access
- Securely destroying your personal information when it’s no longer needed for our record retention purposes
6. how to access or amend your data?
If you wish to access, correct or update your personal data, you may do so at any time by accessing your Account settings through the Site. Alternatively, you may contact us at email@example.com. You are responsible for providing us with correct and updated information.
7. questions or concerns
Please direct any questions or concerns that you may have regarding our handling of your personal data to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide your name, contact number, email address and all relevant details along with your question or concern, so that we can review and respond to your question or concern in an efficient and effective manner.
8. right to amend policy
9. governing law
This Policy is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with Singapore law including without limitation the provisions of the Evidence Act (Chapter 97), Electronic Transactions Act (Cap. 88) and the PDPA, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.